Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010: Great Britain going out with a whimper

Bystaff and agencies Published: 9:50AM GMT twenty-seven February 2010

Chemmy Alcott - Winter Olympics 2010: Great Britain going out with a whimper Turn for the worse: Chemmy Alcott skied out of the women"s slalom in the initial run on a bad day for Great Britain"s Winter Olympic group Photo: REUTERS

Alcott dull off her own Winter Olympics debate by blank a embankment in the women"s slalom in misty conditions at Whistler - afterwards strike behind at critics who claimed she had under-performed at the Games.

Alcott"s most appropriate outcome in the five mountainous events she raced in was the 11th place she cumulative in the women"s downhill, relating her prior Games best. She additionally cumulative a tip twenty place in the Super-Combined and the Super-G.

Ice to see you, Vince Winter Olympics 2010: award list Canada exhaust curling bullion British bobsleigh pile-up Maria Reisch lands second bullion Alcott fears for her destiny

Alcott"s disappointment at carrying to head in to the games but the subsidy of a ruling physique following the monetary fall of Snowsport was solid to see as she done a defence to lift appropriation around Facebook.

A weeping Alcott said: ""I"ve listened I"m removing a flattering difficult time at home and I think that"s a unequivocally astray situation.

""I guess, statistics-wise, I got the same formula as I did 4 years ago but in the last 4 years skiing has got unequivocally rival and I"ve been by a unequivocally difficult tour in that with my feet surgery, losing my silent and afterwards violation my ankle last year and carrying no funding.""

On Facebook, Alcott suggested the unfortunate border of her incident by vagrant for someone to lend her a outpost in sequence to get her turn the residue of her World Cup season.

Alcott added: ""I don"t know what"s function after here. I"ve got one car, I can"t means to have my physio transport with me and right right away I could be the initial Brit to validate for the Super-G (World Cup) finals ever."

Eley had done it by his quarter-final at the Pacific Coliseum as the customer of great fortune.

Frenchman Thibaut Fauconnet and Germany"s Tyson Heung crashed out, permitting Eley and Ohno to advance. Fauconnet was after disqualified.

But Eley was separated at the semi-final theatre where he got a difficult outward line pull and trailed in last of five. His on all sides was upgraded to fourth after the suspension of Canada"s Olivier Jean.

America"s Apolo Anton Ohno was unfit as the last accomplished in disharmony and Canada claimed bullion by Charles Hamelin and bronze by Francois-Louis Tremblay.

Eley went in to the 500m "B" final, where he accomplished third from four, forward usually of South Korea"s Ho-Suk Lee, who cruised turn in last place. The outcome gave Eley a last Olympic finishing on all sides of sixth.

Eley said: ""It was regularly going to be difficult to get a award and it wasn"t my competition today. I would have favourite a award and that"s what I lerned for and came here for but sixth place isn"t as well bad.

""I think the last 3 or 4 years have been unequivocally great and the key thing is for it to begin from day one in conditions of seeking at the subsequent Games, not usually starting when the subsequent Games are on the horizon.

""I still hold I can go to Sochi and win a medal. There"s still a lot some-more to come and I can get technically better.""

Eley picked himself up for the two-team send "B" last that Great Britain won when he managed to passage past Germany"s Paul Hermann on the last true of the marathon 45-lap race.

At the Whistler Sliding Centre, Britain"s four-man incline commander John Jackson went high on dilemma twelve and had the wrong line going in to dilemma thirteen that sloping the sled over.

Jackson, Dan Money, Henry Nwume and Allyn Condon emerged protection and since they slid over the finish line, they are still means to competition tomorrow"s superfluous dual heats.

Jackson said: ""We"re fine, a integrate of bumps and bruises and patently unequivocally disappointed. But we"re already shouting and fooling around about it and we will really be behind tomorrow.

""We"ve looked at the sled and it doesn"t appear as well damaged, usually a couple of specks on the paintwork. We"ll have a last see when we get behind to the garage them we"ll usually go from there.""

0 comments:

Post a Comment